How to get free voice mail on wind mobile
If you don’t want to shell out $8 on voice mail or subscribe to an expensive plan, there is a solution for you to get free voice mail on wind !
Requirement: You will need unlimited local calling with your plan ! Pay-you-way will work but you will be charged for airtime for call forwarding.
- Goto http://www.freephoneline.ca/ and register for an account. It is free to register! It is recommanded you use an email account that you have setup on your phone. Reason being is you will be receiving voice mail mp3 files via this email account
- Confirm and verify your account
- Choose a phone number of you choice that is within your local calling area. This is important because you don’t want to get charged for long distance.
- Once you have your account ready to go, you will now be able to log in and change your voice mail settings. You will have the ability to set to have the voice mail mp3 file sent to the email address for the FPL account.
- Now goto your phone and setup the forwarding option. If you are using an Android phone, then just go into the settings of the Dialer App. You will see the option for forwarding. All you have to do is forward the calls to the FPL number you chose.
For non-android phones, you can try the following
To setup forwarding
- *61*(10-digit-freephoneline-number)# then press Call – this activates no answer call forwarding
- *62*(10-digit-freephoneline-number)# then press Call – this activates unavailable call forwarding
- *67*(10-digit-freephoneline-number)# then press Call – this activates busy call forwarding
To make your phone ring X number of times before forwarding the call, add **X right after the FPL number and before the #. Where X is the number of ring.
To cancel the forwarding
- #61# then press Call – to cancel no answer call forwarding
- #62# then press Call – to cancel unavailable call forwarding
- #67# then press Call – to cancel no busy call forwarding
To reactivate the forwarding
- ##61## then press Call – to reactivate no answer call forwarding
- #62## then press Call – to reactivate unavailable call forwarding
- ##67## then press Call – to reactivate busy call forwarding
Credit goes to djino
In case you don’t have data and want to receive notification when you have a new VM, then you can do the following to activate email2txt.
Send an SMS to short code 4000 to activate the Email 2 Text service. You should receive a confirmation message. Now your SMS gateway address is email@example.com
Set freephoneline.ca to forward VM to this address. You will receive text notifications of VM with the calling phone number.
Credit goes to immysiddy